[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Thu, 17 Mar 16 02:20:14 UTC A. Clifford Stowe (81) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Being enslaved to masters of your own creations.
- Where would you like to live?
- Where I am is good enough.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To return to, to relive, to recapture what might have been.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- My own selfish and foolish ways.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Jefferson, Lincoln
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- I can't think of any.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Daisy? Maybe Constance Chatterley
- Your favorite painter?
- Your favorite musician?
- Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Dvořák
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Loyalty, imagination, decisiveness
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Your favorite virtue?
- Loyalty, committment
- Your favorite occupation?
- Reading, walking, being engaged in something productive--no matter how small the task.
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Myself. I would want to me again, to have a second chance at it all.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- Overly concerned about everything. Caring a damn about what everyone else thinks.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- I haven't had a friend since forty. Loyalty, I suppose.
- What is your principle defect?
- Too independent.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Greatest? Loss of a loved one, someone you love.
- What would you like to be?
- Happy. I was once. I'd like a little more of what I felt then.
- What is your favorite color?
- Brown--light, dark, all shades. Brown eyes.
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your favorite bird?
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Hemingway, D.H. Lawrence
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Frost, Sandburg
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- I'm too old for heroes.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- None. I already answered this, didn't I?
- What are your favorite names?
- I don't have any.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Needless repetition, poor manners, close-mindedness. Lies--my own included. The mistakes I've made. My regrets.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Artistic ability, to paint beautiful pictures.
- How would you like to die?
- Seamlessly. To not realize any difference. To think I were just going out to get the morning paper as usual.
- What is your present state of mind?
- What is your motto?
- I don't have one.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of A. Clifford Stowe's answers being displayed as featured answer.