[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Thu, 25 Aug 16 04:16:32 UTC Alyssa Darkling answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- When fun is done. When the toys are broken. Must find new toys to break.
- Where would you like to live?
- In all the nightmares.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- Wringing the last tears from a broken man.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Heroes are dreamers. They all learn my reality soon enough.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- The history I make is the only story that matters.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- I decide what is real.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- This is tiresome. The ones with spunk and enthusiasm and hope and dreams. They are the most delicious to crush and to squeeze dry.
- Your favorite painter?
- I paint in blood and woe.
- Your favorite musician?
- Grown men wailing in despair. That is my music.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Sex is arbitrary. Fear is all that matters.
- Your favorite virtue?
- I enjoy my work. I think that is important. I'm detail-oriented. Before I destroy a village, I like to destroy the souls of the villagers first. Simple death is just no fun.
- Your favorite occupation?
- I destroy. I don't really know why. I was made this way. Someone took a little dark idea and expanded it and empowered it. They point me towards a village and very soon, there is no village.
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Stupid, stupid question.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- My sense of humor. When I break someone, there should be some art to it. I need to be laughing at the end. Sometimes my playthings laugh with me after they break.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- The others like me are mindless beasts. They don't know art.
- What is your principle defect?
- My resting periods are too long. I wish I could wander the world non-stop ripping through its hearths and homes. Until they are all gone.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- To know pity or mercy or remorse. It must be so limiting.
- What would you like to be?
- I can be anything. If you can be afraid of it, I can be it.
- What is your favorite color?
- That color that people make when you play with them too hard.
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your favorite bird?
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- The stories I write are based on your nightmares. You could say that we are collaborators. I prefer to decide on the endings myself, though.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- I once made a poet speak only in rhymes. He soon ended his life. With a knife.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- I love the heroes. They are so sure of their quest. So sure of themselves. They are the most fun to play with.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Whatever, whoever made me what I am. That is my hero.
- What are your favorite names?
- Some have called me Legion, or The Darkling. I'm not a ling-thing. My favorite is The Laugher in the Shadows.
- What is it you most dislike?
- I don't hate. I love. I love my toys and so I must give them the best ending possible. (It hates music. Hates it.)
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- I am history. I said so. Are you not listening? (It hares being ignored. It hates feeling like a mere tool. Which it is. It doesn't even know why it does what it does.)
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The time I convinced an army to attack itself. Genius. (It thinks it is clever. It hates being out-thought.)
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Omnipotent omnipresence. It's been promised to me. (I'm here. I'm in here. I'm getting weaker. It won't be long before I'm all used up.)
- How would you like to die?
- I won't die. But if I did, I'd take the world with me. (If only you could hear me. It must be stopped.)
- What is your present state of mind?
- I've found the perfect plaything. She can reach me through her thoughts. She lets me in unawares. I already know what she's afraid of. (Alyssa, is that you? Stay away! It's too powerful.)
- What is your motto?
- Make it last. But not too long. (Alyssa. I feel you. Please don't come for me. It'll make you hurt. So badly.)
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Alyssa Darkling's answers being displayed as featured answer.