[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 23:31:33 UTC Anne Louise Sheldon (34) answered the Proust Questionnaire:
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Dying alone
- Where would you like to live?
- near the mountains and a river (with a screened and lit gazebo near the house)
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- a life with books and cats and chocolate and freshly baked bread
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- being somewhat of a know it all
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Robin Hood (although he might have been more than a legend)
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Salah al-Din and Alexander Hamilton
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Elenore Roosevelt
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Elizabeth Bennett, Jo March, and Anne Shirley (Green Gables)
- Your favorite painter?
- Michael Whelan
- Your favorite musician?
- Itzahk Perlman
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- gentleness, moral and physical strength, and patience
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Non-cattiness, kindness, and patience
- Your favorite virtue?
- kindness (especially toward animals)
- Your favorite occupation?
- teasing my fiance, Tu, and walking in the mountains
- Who would you have liked to be?
- No matter who I could have been, that person would have had hardships, sorrows, fears; therefore, there is no reason to wish to be someone else. If I had to choose someone, I would wish to come back as one of my cats.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- a desire to be around me :)
- What is your principle defect?
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- to cause the death of the ones you love through betrayal
- What would you like to be?
- a librarian
- What is your favorite color?
- Red and green
- What is your favorite flower?
- yellow rose
- What is your favorite bird?
- all birds are a marvel; however, I'm afraid of all of them--they might peck my eyes out!
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- too many to list
- Who are your favorite poets?
- T.S. Eliot
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- my parents; people who give up to help others in need. (They are better people than I.)
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Elenore Roosevelt
- What are your favorite names?
- Heath and Tigana
- What is it you most dislike?
- cruelty to those who can't fight back
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- George Walker Bush and Cheney
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- couldn't say--I detest war
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- to play the violin beautifully
- How would you like to die?
- without feeling it happen or knowing it occurred
- What is your present state of mind?
- zoned out--I'm home after teaching middle schoolers all day
- What is your motto?
- Theodore Roosevelt's saying is great: over, under, through . . . but never around!
I'm an 8th grade English teacher who lives in Virginia, USA.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Anne Louise Sheldon's answers being displayed as featured answer.