[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Wed, 11 Nov 15 23:30:04 UTC Anya (71) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- To have no contact with nature.
- Where would you like to live?
- In a small settled colony in the North Atlantic.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To be close to nature.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Spending more time than I should online.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- I don't read fiction.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- I don't spend much time with history. Perhaps those who explore uncharted waters -- both explorers and scientists.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Any who stand up for their rights. E.g., Wendy Davis.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- I don't read fiction.
- Your favorite painter?
- Too hard to choose. Franz Kline, Morris Lewis, more...
- Your favorite musician?
- J.S. Bach
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Honest communication & deep sharing, intelligence, moral compass, self-reflection
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Deep sharing, honesty, intelligence, moral compass, self-reflection
- Your favorite virtue?
- Your favorite occupation?
- Observing nature
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Who else but me?
- Your most marked characteristic?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honest, deep communication
- What is your principle defect?
- Low tolerance for those who live in the role of "victim"
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- To have no contact with nature
- What would you like to be?
- At peace and satisfied with my life.
- What is your favorite color?
- Periwinkle. Blue family, extending to turquoise, teal, blue-green, purple.
- What is your favorite flower?
- Hard to pick, but I'll say peony, especially fragrant pink or pink & white ones. Baptisia too. And lupine.
- What is your favorite bird?
- Chickadee, wood thrush, hermit thrush
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- I don't often read prose.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Wendell Berry, Billy Collins, Mary Oliver
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Those like Bill McKibbon who sound the alarm about climate change. My professors who held us to the highest standards (Dr. Robert Nichols & Adelaide Davidson).
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- I don't know. Rosa Parks?
- What are your favorite names?
- What a stupid question.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Aside from those who despoil the earth and those who use power, deceipt, and Big Money to corrupt the concept of Democracy, I have a pet peeve about poor grammar!
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Dick Cheney and Karl Rove and any of GWB's other henchmen who got us into the Iraq war.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The invasion of Normandy? (But I am not very interested in history, so there could be other, more admirable achievements.)
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- To be a helpful, but also compassionate, spiritual counselor to those in need.
- How would you like to die?
- At peace with my life and circumstances.
- What is your present state of mind?
- Overwhelmed. Wishing for a clone (or magic fairy) to do all the tasks I don't want to, but that weigh heavy on my mind. (Purging, financial planning, etc.)
- What is your motto?
- To thine own Self be true. / Do nothing you will regret; and having done that, regret nothing that you have done.
Nov. 11, 2015
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Anya's answers being displayed as featured answer.