[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Thu, 25 Aug 16 01:47:07 UTC Ari (29) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Not being free to live life as I please
- Where would you like to live?
- Where I am currently
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- Freedom to be me. And a well stocked shoe closet
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Whiskey in my coffee, and a good wine
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- James Fraser in Outlander
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Joan of Arc, she was the original lady badass
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- My fellow professional women who own what they have and don't offer excuses
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Loved Katniss Everdeen, and JK Rowling (although she's real, she writes fiction, same thing)
- Your favorite painter?
- Matisse has been a favorite since I was a kid. Also, anyone local, we have so many good artists that deserve support
- Your favorite musician?
- Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga - all the powerhouse ladies who don't take shit
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Humility, ability to see a woman as an equal
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Strength, compassion, the ability to take a stance and not be apologetic
- Your favorite virtue?
- Your favorite occupation?
- Shopping for myself, enjoying the evening on my porch swing
- Who would you have liked to be?
- I'm pretty comfortable saying I am someone worth being. I'd rather be me
- Your most marked characteristic?
- I'm not afraid to get what I want, but I don't step on the little man to get it
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Honesty and loyalty. If my skirt makes me look fat, for heavens sake don't tell me it's flattering
- What is your principle defect?
- Bluntness, to my detriment at times.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Living a false life, one that isn't who I am
- What would you like to be?
- Didn't we ask this once? I'd like to be me, thank you.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite flower?
- I'm not a big flower person. Bring me chocolates or wine
- What is your favorite bird?
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- I don't read often, so when I do I've been enjoying easier reads. Hunger Games was fun, tried Game of Thrones, settled on the show instead.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- I've never been able to get into poetry. Just say what you mean and be done with it, please.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My father, he was strong enough to handle an independent woman like my mother, yet soft enough to know when she needed him
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Still Joan of Arc... again with the repetitiveness. My time is valuable.
- What are your favorite names?
- Pinot Grigio, Riesling and Chardonnay
- What is it you most dislike?
- Men who can't get over their ego
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- I try not to linger on hate
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- I hadn't thought about it. I'll have to get back to you
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- I would like to be better at getting a good initial impression of people.
- How would you like to die?
- After a long life well-lived, with nice shoes on
- What is your present state of mind?
- Annoyance at the time this is taking. I have a busy morning prepping for a luncheon later with a fickle client
- What is your motto?
- Earn it. Own it. Don't ask for permission.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Ari's answers being displayed as featured answer.