[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:45:12 UTC Ben answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- Your most marked characteristic?
- An almost neurotic obsession with understanding how others work.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Simplicity when time elicits, the capacity to simply have fun without making too much of anything.
- What is your principle defect?
- Paranoia, distrust of other's motives over trivial matters.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Reaching the end of your life and realizing you never really knew anyone.
- What would you like to be?
- Unconcerned with elaborate notions of the past.
- What is your favorite color?
- Cool colors have more appeal to me -- especially hues of green and blue.
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your favorite bird?
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Samuel Beckett, Thomas Pynchon, and Murasaki Shikibu.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, and Li Po.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My parents and some of my friends' parents (Tom, Wendy, Kit & Bob, et al.)
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Eleanor Roosevelt and Elizabeth I
- What are your favorite names?
- I don't give names much thought as compared to the person.
- What is it you most dislike?
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Those who waged holy wars.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- I don't find anything admirable in war.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- How would you like to die?
- Quickly, without any pain, and all of a sudden in my old age; a stroke, perhaps?
- What is your present state of mind?
- Concerned about the rain, tired, in need of a shower.
- What is your motto?
- I have no mottos that govern my actions. I simply do.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Ben's answers being displayed as featured answer.