[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Sun, 05 Jun 11 21:12:01 UTC Carolyn (18) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- The abyss of loneliness, from whence the love I have given is discarded unreturned.
- Where would you like to live?
- As the skin of the earth, where I could be equally observer and trodden upon - to experience a life of absolute knowledge with a humbled conscience.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- Contentment with one's situation, held in posterity.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- A purposed ignorance to foresight.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- The discarded idealists, scapegoats from whence sympathy can be produced, and the psychologically surreal.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Krishnamurti, Francis Bacon, Siddhārtha Gautama, Aegir, Robert Owen.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Diane Nash, Hélène Cixous, Jonnine Standish, Julia Kristeva, Kino MacGregor, Maria Reiche, Unmani Rubinstein, Янка Дягилева.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Those who are terrible and beautiful, Dulle Grets.
- Your favorite painter?
- Luc Tuymans.
- Your favorite musician?
- Those who make mantras of surrealism.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- A nature of ease.
- Your favorite virtue?
- Abstainence from all pleasures, if only for its difficulty once these have been attained.
- Your favorite occupation?
- Breathing in the cool night air.
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Who - only myself. What - there are so many possibilities of inanimacy of which I am curious.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- What is your principle defect?
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Love known only to the self.
- What would you like to be?
- Myself without abjection.
- What is your favorite color?
- Those as they are experienced without light.
- What is your favorite flower?
- Lamprocapnos spectabilis - the bleeding heart.
- What is your favorite bird?
- The mourning dove.
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Thomas Mann.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Richard Siken.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Pina Bausch, at the moment.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Joan of Arc, St. Agatha.
- What are your favorite names?
- Pet names, trail names.
- What is it you most dislike?
- My own abjection.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Despotism is inquantifiable.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The conclusion of the Cuban Missile Crisis for the air of dramatism enriching the entire experience preceding.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Infinite reserves of willpower and my own universal application.
- How would you like to die?
- What is your present state of mind?
- A befuddled mind with several great intentions.
- What is your motto?
- Though it is, I am.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Carolyn's answers being displayed as featured answer.