[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Sat, 26 Feb 11 22:35:30 UTC Christian (44) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- not being able to move through nature, to walk, to run, to swim, to...
- Where would you like to live?
- New Zealand (South Island, west Coast); and in the Mountains. And in India. Or Istanbul.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- having enough to eat, something to work on each day, being appreciated, healthy, having access to warm showers every now and then. And experiencing seasonal changes.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- smoking, eating sugary stuff and chocolate, being egotistical, expecting too much of others, keeping to myself
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Jesus? Jacob (son of Isaac). And Jude Fawley. And Ishmael.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Gandhi, again Jesus, James Cook (and his crew)
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Mary Wollstonecraft. And my English Teacher in Teacher College.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Juliette (as played by Olivia Hussey), Aschenbrödel (as played by Libuše Šafránková)
- Your favorite painter?
- Peter Doig
- Your favorite musician?
- Bach. Of Course.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- being compassionate, grounded, sensible. Commitment.
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- being grounded, sensible, compassionate. Gentleness.
- Your favorite virtue?
- Your favorite occupation?
- walking & building stuff
- Who would you have liked to be?
- I always wanted to be a native american (Indian) as a child. Not a prairie indian though, more of a forest dwelling J.F.Cooper-Indian.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- I can't ask for favors or help. I find it difficult to apologize. I'm quite distant.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Being interested without being impressed. Not being in need.
- What is your principle defect?
- I'm mistrustful of love. Mistrustful of my own abilities too.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- What would you like to be?
- A painter or an artist - without having to lead a painters or artists life.
- What is your favorite color?
- apparently mauve. Used to be blue.
- What is your favorite flower?
- corn poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- What is your favorite bird?
- The Chaffinch (Buchfink in German)
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Thomas Hardy, Michael Ondaatje, Max Frisch, Robert Walser, Kafka
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Sarah Kirsch, Jossif Brodskij, Bertolt Brecht
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- this probably reflects poorly on me, but I can't think of any.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Maria Montessori, Marie Curie, Jane Batten, Amelia Earhart and William Herschel's sister
- What are your favorite names?
- Manon, Anna, Emma,
- What is it you most dislike?
- wet feet, cold showers and people who consider their own outlook on life to be something every person should live by rather than what it is - a personal opinion.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- (question should be phased out since there's no way you can't NOT write Hitler)
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- Easy: My completing a 50k march at the end of basic training.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- confidence, conviction
- How would you like to die?
- In Bed. After a short illness. With people present.
- What is your present state of mind?
- Frustration. I can't really give a relevant answer to most of these questions.
- What is your motto?
- I know I have one. Can't for the life of me think of it right now. Starts with an L... or an A?
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Christian's answers being displayed as featured answer.