[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:35:22 UTC Cody Gould (17) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- The parting of friends who could have been closer to each other, but remained distanced from one another out of timidness or other outside influences.
- Where would you like to live?
- In a small rainy town or village, with friendly and earthy folk residing in it surrounded by dark forests, misty mountains and untamable wildlands. A place where the imagination can suckle, and lifelong friendships are formed beneath the trees.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To be close to my family and all of my possible friends, to be able to write constantly and with quality and honesty, and to never run out of tales to tell others.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- To procrastination, to nervousness and a lack of confidence in myself and being unable to maintain consistent contact with others.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- The sorcerous, animalistic, sometimes androgynous, sometimes unnerving, ever transforming ones, the guides and magicians: The Green Man, Dionysus, Taelisin, Pan, Odin.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- The eccentric, enlightened artists, hermits, authors and philosophers who were cooks in their own time and geniuses nowadays.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- The women I see every day, who let loose their feminine sides, masculine sides, xenomorphic sides or any combination of the three and are not afraid to display them for the world to see. That, and practically every tomboy I have ever encountered in life.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- The shrewd and clever ones who outsmart their obstacles and never let chauvanistic practices in society stop them from what they want.
- Your favorite painter?
- At the moment, Max Ernst
- Your favorite musician?
- Brian Eno
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Sensitvity, Imagination, Intuition and Courage
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- The same as in a man
- Your favorite virtue?
- Those that deal with fairly treating others and reflectibg and developing oneself
- Your favorite occupation?
- Thinking up new worlds, new stories and new people
- Who would you have liked to be?
- A Bard, a Master Brewer or a wandering Monk
- Your most marked characteristic?
- My sensitivity to the slightest action or word, and it's ability to change my composure instantly, for good or bad
- What do you most value in your friends?
- A willingness to explore the depths of a friendship, and not just lurk above on the surface
- What is your principle defect?
- A lack of connection to my physical reality in favor of my inner realm of thoughts and contemplations.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- To be loathed by a person
- What would you like to be?
- A hill with trees, a river and a family of Orangutans living on me
- What is your favorite color?
- Deep Green
- What is your favorite flower?
- Whichever ones look the happiest where they are
- What is your favorite bird?
- The Raven
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Joseph Campbell, Mark Twain, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Walt Whitman, T.S. Eliot, Sappho, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My Parents, My Close friends, My Girlfriend, Pens that don't run out of ink right away
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- What are your favorite names?
- The kind that go together with almost no last names whatsoever and surnames.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Ennui and Intolerance
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- It's hard to hate figures who probably endured more than enough hatred in their time anyway.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The moment Sun Tzu decided to write "The Art of War"
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- A greater coonection to my physicality.
- How would you like to die?
- Freezing or Sleeping
- What is your present state of mind?
- Contemplation on whether I really want to finish these questions tonight
- What is your motto?
- In Vir, Creatura Quad Sator es Iunctus
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Cody Gould's answers being displayed as featured answer.