[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:23:29 UTC Enrique (21) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- To be alone with no one to talk to, not even my "self" or manifestations of myself via imaginary friends.
- Where would you like to live?
- The seaside. Definitely the seaside. Preferably in a quonset hut.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- In a cacophony. The sound of an orchestra tuning before a show.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- A world where art and literature is governed by the pretentious.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Those who seek the truth at all means. Those who desire to be good and to be happy even if they wear a suit of apathy and hatred.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Lincoln, Socrates, Rizal, Marx, Churchill
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- A woman whose persona makes the man to strive to live better.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Feminine, yet strong willed.
- Your favorite painter?
- Your favorite musician?
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Intelligence, Wisdom, Desire for the Truth
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Intelligence, Sincerity, Natural beauty
- Your favorite virtue?
- Strive for the truth and never let it go for anything else.
- Your favorite occupation?
- Dreaming, Writing drama, Writing music, Expressing
- Who would you have liked to be?
- I would like to be better-- more intelligent, yet humbler but still expressive.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- A determination for the truth. The strive to become true.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Passion for anything. People who are willing to spend late nights debating on topics as long as there is alcohol around.
- What is your principle defect?
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Never my father see the greatest of my works-- either my writing, my plays my music.
- What would you like to be?
- A friend of mine: smart, wise, but is not boring in any sense.
- What is your favorite color?
- Pastel tangerine.
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your favorite bird?
- The hummingbird
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Clarke, Copeland. I rarely read prose.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My father. And Ricky Abad.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- What are your favorite names?
- Alexis. I would love to marry a girl named Alexis.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Silence. Pure silence.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- I need to read more in order to answer that.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The American Civil War.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Charm... and lots of it.
- How would you like to die?
- To die fighting for the Truth of Life.
- What is your present state of mind?
- Trying to think in a 38 Celsius / 100.4 Fahrenheit night with the unwanted white beams of fluorescence.
- What is your motto?
- Seek the Truth. Quaere verum. It sounds nobler in Latin.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Enrique's answers being displayed as featured answer.