[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Mon, 03 Jul 17 22:17:11 UTC Ian Siente answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Away from family, I guess.
- Where would you like to live?
- Somewhere where isn't about to go to hell in a handbasket, thanks.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- Something happy I guess? Maybe a cold drink, solid house and everyone out of trouble
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Probably drink too much. And swear too much; got told I couldn't here so...
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Fiction huh? Maybe Arsene Lupin. Never was much of a reader.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Caesar I guess. Or Macbeth if he's real.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Heroines, heroines... Heroines... Wonder Woman? No, I think Nightingale.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Okay, definitely Wonder Woman here. What can I say, I have a thing for Amazons.
- Your favorite painter?
- Meissonier (whoever that is). Okay, seriously, Picasso.
- Your favorite musician?
- Let me tell you: I wouldn't know Mozart from Beethoven. I'm more a classic rock guy.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Decency; like tipping properly. Or shutting the hell when he's wrong, or at least knowing to.
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Sense. Can't stand an airhead, let me tell you.
- Your favorite virtue?
- Virtues, huh... Let's see... Compassion? Maybe honesty, virtue's a virtue really.
- Your favorite occupation?
- Drinking. Since that's not a job, I like bartending or something equally non-physical. Too sore as it is...
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Who? I don't know, someone wealthy with a thousand servants and a fabulous manor.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- Drinking. That and swearing. Aside from those, been told it's being a smart aleck.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty, honesty... Not being total and complete sleazes out for their own neck...
- What is your principle defect?
- Been told I drink and swear too much. Family's hoping me curbing it for this thing's going to be permanent.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Death, in general. That or slavery.
- What would you like to be?
- Me, since being anyone else means I gotta give up the nuts I call family.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Flowers? Not too picky. I suppose roses are okay. Mom sticks 'em everywhere though...
- What is your favorite bird?
- Parrot, African Grey. Mainly since ours backs me up in arguments.
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- King, Poe, let's see... Oh, Twain.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Don't have many. Suppose... Hughes? The guy from Harlem.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Anyone in the military. Seriously, that's some stuff to go through.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Let's see...Nightingale, for the hospitals. That lady who got asylums sorted was a peach too.
- What are your favorite names?
- Favorites? Ethan, Marie, Trixie (mainly because those are my brother and sisters but hey.) Otherwise... Maisy.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Tendency to not shut up, despite it being also my favorite thing.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Napoleon, for the Revolution. Conquistadors in general for the loot and plunder innocent people schtick.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- Whenever someone hospitals and/or medicine. That and the abolitionist movement.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Telepathy. It'd be funny to watch people question which thought is theirs... And scare off the idiots who don't know when to leave the bar...
- How would you like to die?
- Sober, happy and decent - morally, I mean, not the other way.
- What is your present state of mind?
- Irritation. Irateness. Whichever. I could go for good scotch right about now, on the rocks...
- What is your motto?
- Shut up and live another day. Also to do what you want, when you want... just as long you don't make too much of a mess.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Ian Siente's answers being displayed as featured answer.