[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 23:02:53 UTC Jackie answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Never to talk to my parents again.
- Where would you like to live?
- Somewhere friendly but smart, diverse but coherent, with seasons that change.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To have "five good friends," and someone who will hug me from time to time, or pat me on the head and say, "Poor poor thing."
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Laziness and irritation
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Cyrano de Bergerac, Athos, Francis Crawford of Lymond, Frederick Garland, Batman, Leo McGarry
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- Prince Consort Albert, Lewis and Clark, The Cambridge Spies
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Beth, Gramie, Coretta Scott King, Dorothy Dunnett
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Dido Twite, CJ Cregg, Nora Charles
- Your favorite painter?
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Your favorite musician?
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Your favorite virtue?
- Your favorite occupation?
- Reading, writing, watching.
- Who would you have liked to be?
- No one but myself.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- What is your principle defect?
- An unwillingness to put myself forward.
- What would you like to be?
- A writer.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Dorothy Dunnett, Joan Aiken, Raymond Chandler, Paul Scott, John Banville, James Baldwin, Ernest Hemingway, Charles Dickens
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Lord Byron, James Merrill, Walt Whitman, Edward Gorey
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- Roger Ebert, Cleve Jones, Uncle Jim, Alan Bennett
- What are your favorite names?
- Agnes, Simon, Paul, Elizabeth
- What is it you most dislike?
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- The usual lineup of mass murderers
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- How would you like to die?
- Of old age.
- What is your present state of mind?
- Contemplative, of course.
- What is your motto?
- The mark of a successful life is having more moments your proud of than moments you feel you have failed.
Completed 10/3/09 at my desk at school.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Jackie's answers being displayed as featured answer.