[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Wed, 17 Nov 10 14:36:06 UTC bob (38) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Where would you like to live?
- considerably above that
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- you don't want to print that
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- all of them except lack of willpower
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- I try not to play favourites
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- ah, yes...
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- I see we'll be doing this for a while.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Um. Actually, having a hard time...
- Your favorite painter?
- As a person, or because of the way they paint?
- Your favorite musician?
- I've rather gone off music recently.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- Why would this be different?
- Your favorite virtue?
- I can't remember them right now. Is love one?
- Your favorite occupation?
- Professional or idle?
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Curious tense. Somebody unremembered but consistently happy.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- What Proust said.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Wow. OK, I'd like to think I'm not quite as physically swayed as Marcel here. But who am I kidding.
- What is your principle defect?
- He's got me again. Also, lack of empathy; shortness of temper.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- I fear to say, lest my own life prove me wrong. But concentration camps have to be pretty high on the list. Or to discover that hell actually exists.
- What would you like to be?
- A pin oak. A beautiful woman. The sea. Caressed and spoiled.
- What is your favorite color?
- Bingo. Or, rather, I like to be assaulted by colours, as well as having my beauty feelers tickled.
- What is your favorite flower?
- Nice answer. Very Georgia O'Keeffe. I'll go with it.
- What is your favorite bird?
- See above, re favourites. Or, possibly, the young Barbara Windsor.
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Oh dear god, again? Actually, Jorge Luis Borges, but I note this is the first time we're going plural.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- Hah. I can only think of 3 or 4 whose work I actually know. I don't think that qualifies me to answer.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- No, thank you.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Wait - is this an Orientalist thing? The masculine West's victories are contemporary, the feminine East's are ancient and/or timeless?
- What are your favorite names?
- Me too. Actually three, but nobody uses the other two. Plenty of aliases, to which I am not attached.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Questionnaires about my psychological well-being.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Oooh. The people who actually, directly commit massacres. The ones who follow through on orders given by Napoleon or Gordon or whoever.
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- No. Sorry.
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- I'll go with will power. And eidetic memory.
- How would you like to die?
- much, much later.
- What is your present state of mind?
- distracted. Intolerant of myself.
- What is your motto?
- Every brave man has his own way of drinking yoghurt. Though it's not original with me.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of bob's answers being displayed as featured answer.